Green Cards

Most people obtain green cards by being sponsored by their relatives (including their spouses) or through their employers. Others become permanent residents through EB-5 investments, the green card lottery or asylum. Our website contains dozens of articles explaining how you can qualify for a green card and how the process works.

A green card enables you to live and work in the United States for the rest of your life as long as you does not abandon your residence by staying outside the US for too long a time or engage in conduct which renders you subject to deportation.

green cards Most persons who are residing in the US are eligible adjust their status to permanent residence without leaving the U.S. However, if you have ever violated your lawful immigration status, you may be eligible to adjust your status only if you: (1) Are an “immediate relative” of a U.S. citizen (Parent, spouse or child); (2) Qualify for benefits under section 245(i) of the law and pay an appropriate fine; (3) Qualify under section 245(k) of the law as an employment-based immigrant; or (4) Qualify under section 209 if you are an asylee or a refugee.


Client Reviews

Legal Guru in All Things Immigration

“Mr. Shusterman and his law firm have represented my family and me very successfully. He is not only a legal guru in all things immigration but even more so he is an exceptional human being because he empathizes with his clients and cares that justice is done.”

- Maria Davari Knapp, Chicago, Illinois
Read More Reviews

Skype Consultations Available!

Links on this page describe the process of obtaining an immigrant visa abroad if you are either residing in a foreign country, or you do not wish to adjust status in the US. However, if you are ineligible to adjust status to permanent resident in the U.S, be sure to carefully read our section entitled Unlawful Presence Bars and Waivers before you decide whether to attempt to obtain an immigrant visa abroad.

Scroll down this page to learn how you can qualify to receive a green card, or how you can sponsor an employee or a relative for permanent residence.

Green Cards is divided into the following subtopics:

Related Pages:


Green Card Lawyer

More success stories…




Green Cards: Additional Resources

arvo rating shusterman law v2Best Lawyers in America Carl Shusterman Law
Super Lawyers Shusterman LawLexis Nexis Peer Review Rated Shusterman Law

What Can We Help You With - Videos

Senate Testimony
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage